- This event has passed.
Wine Class: Sherry
September 17, 2017 @ 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM$28
Our beloved wine class program continues! This month we delve into the beautiful world of dry sherry. Join us for an exploration of these fortified oxidized white wines from southern Spain.
Wine geek Andrew hosts an in-depth tasting and discussion of Fino, Manzanilla, Amontillado, and Oloroso. We will talk about the different styles and approaches to sherry, as well as its applications with snacks, meals, and as an ingredient for cocktails.
One afternoon only. $28 per person. Reservations required. Space is very limited.
Call to reserve: 540.724.1650
Haven’t been to one of our wine classes before?
Here’s what to expect:
- Our wine classes are based on a professional wine seminar. We are creating an atmosphere for focused discussion and learning.
- Beginners to experts are welcome. This is an opportunity for anyone to taste and explore the wines of the world.
- We all sit around a long table, allowing for an open face-to-face forum for discussion of the wines.
- We taste each wine one at a time, accompanied with Andrew’s expertise and story-telling relating to each.
- We accompany the wines with a light pairing of meats and snacks. This is not enough to be a meal but does allow the opportunity to experience how the wines show with foods.
- The classes usually last around 90 minutes.
- At the end of the class, we offer each of the wines for sale at a discounted rate for those attending the class. Please note that some wines may only be available for pre-order.