- This event has passed.
Wine Class: Winter Syrah & Grenache (RESCHEDULED)
February 17 @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM$35
Our beloved wine class program continues! In the cold grey of winter, the time of stews and roasts, we are drawn to two types of wines: Wines that meat us half-way, conveying the raw edge of the season, the dried herbs that envelop our foods. And also wines that bring us richness and warmth, wines that are hearty, and remind us of the coming sun.
Both of these types of wines carry their own energy, and they are two sides of the same coin. They are Syrah and Grenache in their Old World homes. And this will be our topic of discussion for this February.
We will taste four examples of Syrah, alongside four complimentary examples of Grenache.
One evening only. $35 per person. Pre-payment required for a reservation. No cancellations within 48 hours. Space is very limited.
Call to reserve: 540.724.1650
Haven’t been to one of our wine classes before?
Here’s what to expect:
- Our wine classes are based on a professional wine seminar. We are creating an atmosphere for focused discussion and learning.
- Beginners to experts are welcome. This is an opportunity for anyone to taste and explore the wines of the world.
- We all sit around a long table, allowing for an open face-to-face forum for discussion of the wines.
- We taste each wine one at a time, accompanied with Andrew’s expertise and story-telling relating to each.
- The classes usually last around 90 minutes.
- We accompany the wines with a light pairing of meats and snacks. This is not enough to be a meal but does allow the opportunity to experience how the wines show with foods.
- At the end of the class, we offer each of the wines for sale at a discounted rate for those attending the class. Please note that some wines may only be available for pre-order.
If you are planning an evening out, you could join us beforehand for a quick dinner at our butcher's bar (suggestion by 5:30) or jump down the street to Field & Main for a late dinner afterward (suggestion: 8:30 reservation)